Sunday, June 13, 2021

{Stencil Sunday} Stencil Fun with Leslie

   

Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for another Stencil Sunday post. The super talented Leslie Turner is back with an awesome set of projects featuring ARTplorations stencils. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

    

Hi STAMPlorations fans! Leslie here from Love To Scrap 2 and I'm stoked to be back on the blog with another Stencil Sunday guest designer post! I have three more fun projects to share with you today, so let's get started!

My first project is a fun slimline friendship card featuring the very cool Life Is Good maskArtsy Geometric Backgrounds Clear Stickers and Grand Adventure stamp.  


I employed the very old and elementary art of tracing for this card. I have to admit that my first thought was to create an inked panel with the Life Is Good mask, and after thinking about it overnight I decided to do something different. So I traced it, fussy cut it, added it to a background panel created with Artsy Geometric Backgrounds Clear Stickers, stitching, and cardstock strips and snips.


I embellished the inside panel with a piece of a geometric clear sticker, more cardstock strips and snips, and a stamped grand adventure sentiment.


*****

My second project is a pretty friendship card featuring a stenciled and glittery background created with the Abstract April Showers stencil, along with a butterfly and layered sentiment created with the Layered Butterflies stamp set and Skinny Sentiments dies



I smooshed a watercolor panel into watered-down distress ink, and once dry I stenciled the background with full-strength distress ink, moved the stencil slightly and stenciled a second time to create depth. I added Versamark and a light dusting with diamond glitter, then sprayed it with a matte fixative to keep the glitter from rubbing off. I stamped the butterfly outline in black ink and filled it in with the same distress ink plus one shade darker. The final step was adding the die cut sentiment. 



I embellished the inside panel with a leftover watercolored/stenciled/glittered strip trimmed from the front panel and a cardstock strip placed vertically down the left side, and a stamped sentiment. 


*****

And my final project is a super fun inspirational (or just for fun) note card featuring a stenciled background created with the Circles Flexi-Template along with a sentiment and lemon pieces from the Layered Citrus stamp set (stamped on novel text), and flat sequins from Golden Autumn Shaker Blends.



I stenciled the background with pale yellow ink and splattered the panel with slightly watered-down black gesso and a fan brush. I stamped the sentiment and lemon pieces in black and darker shades of yellow ink on a copied page torn out of an old paperback novel (copied so the ink wouldn't bleed through the thin novel paper) and fussy cut them, popping the center one up on foam adhesive. The final step was adding the flat sequins for a little bling. 



I embellished the inside panel with strips of yellow and black cardstock, and a stamped lemon piece outline. Since this is a note card, I left plenty of room to write a custom message. 



Well, that's my post for today - thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to get crafty and pull out those stencils! This is my final Stencil Sunday guest post and I'd like to thank Shery and the crew for having me along these last three months - I've had a blast!

Scrappy hugs,
Leslie 

17 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so fun and well-made, love the ideas for making each card unique. I've enjoyed all of your cards in this series, Leslie, and you've been a very inspiring guest designer, thanks for all your makes! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Leslie, I love the lemon one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. I love the butterfly and the ideas for including something inside the cards. ***Got this notice through the new system after confirming import from previous subscription list. Update's looking good so far!***

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the butterfly one! Great stenciling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stenciling and loved the lemon card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Love the one with lemons and the inside is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the butterfly
    card, so pretty!
    Great bunch of cards.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stencils, using different colors, is a great idea. I LOVE the zig zagged one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous trio of cards - love the insides too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful inspiration! I need to pull out my stamps...
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the way the subtle stenciling on the lemons card adds that little extra touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful crafty stenciling!
    I love the lemon card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, inspirational use of the stencils
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards, love the stenciling on the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get my stencils out and use them more often

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you carried the colour scheme of the card to the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)