Monday, November 27, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Layered Tags by MariLynn


Hello, it is my turn to share with you a tutorial that will hopefully
instruct and inspire you to create.


I have a very limited crafting budget so I have a hard time
throwing even the smallest scraps away.
At least that is why I say I do it, if you ask my husband he
 will say it I just because I am a hoarder.
 Whatever the reason, I had some scraps on my
crafting table that I decided to use up. 
 Here is a photo of the pile I started with



 I took the scraps and tore them smaller and glued them
randomly to a larger piece of cardstock.


I looked at the scraps and picked two acrylic paints that would
pick up colors from the base and tie the scraps together.
I choose gold and purple.


I put a small amount of each color of paint
into a plastic container.


with a small paintbrush and the purple paint
I added purple bubbles randomly on the scrap base.


I also used ARTplorations Forest of Leaves stencil with the gold paint.

 

I also took some white paint and a bamboo
skewer to add some white highlights to the
bubbles.

 


 I decided then to add black and white acrylic
paint dots to the bubbles.





Then with a toothbrush I splatter painted
with the white black and gold paint.


 I then used CUTplorations Tag O'Coffee die cut to die cut 3 tags




I then used black stazon ink with the


On a piece of white cardstock,  stamped two butterflies from Trendy Butterflies
and three birds from the STAMPlorations Trendy Birds stamp set. I colored them using a purple marker.


I then fussy cut out two of the butterflies and one of the birds


I used Metallic Lustre to add gold to the body and edges of the butterflies




 I used the gold on the bird's edges as well.


 

I also went around the edges of the tags with the gold.


I shape the butterflies to make them 3-d
I cut the wings apart half way down.
I cut only up to where the body is.
Then I shape the 4 parts over my fingers to give
them dimension.

 
 When I fussy cut the butterflies out I cut
off the antennas.  To make the antennas I cut
two very thin strips of black cardstock.
  

I fold the strips in half making a "V" shape.

and I glue them to the back of the butterflies.


 I cut out a black tag using Tag O'Coffee die for
each tag. I also cut a piece of cheesecloth, and added ribbons
I layered the tags black cheesecloth then tag. I used the ribbons to hold
the layers together.









I know this was kind of a long post. Congratulations to you for making
it all they way through. I hope I inspired you in some way.
Go out and create art today.

ARTplorations/STAMPlorations/CUTplorations products used:

          

4 comments:

  1. Loved how you started with the master-board and then how your project evolved into the fabulous tags. Thank you for the amazing inspiration and the step by step x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so creative and so beautiful! I love how you created the background and will give this a try with some of my scraps, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)