Thursday, November 30, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Pretties up Feathers



Hi STAMPlorations friends! I've a quick idea for you today for dressing up your die cuts. I chose feathers today (feathers are always good don't you agree?) but you could do this with other shapes too.



Gathered my supplies - kraft card, Feathery stamp set and dies and inks (though I didn't end up using them!) I decided to die cut colored cardstock instead.

Laid out the feather dies like I wanted my "bouquet" to look on the card and chose cardstock colors for each feather. Die cut them.

Laid my bouquet on my cardbase to figure out where to stamp two feathers. Stamped them in black ink.


Then I prettied up three of the feathers with some heat embossing (gold, white and black) using pattern stamps.


Stamped the coordinating feather stamps onto the two non-prettied-up feathers for more interest using Versamark ink for a tone-on-tone look.

A heat embossed sentiment on a black snippet finished off the card. I gently moulded the embossed feathers to make them stick up off the card a bit.

Should you try out any of our Spotlight techniques, like adding embossing details to die cuts, be sure to hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase


2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)