Monday, November 06, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Wishing You Happiness Tag Set By Sanna


Hello everyone, Sanna here again with a tag set in fall colours. I´ve set myself a goal to try and use up something from my older stash on every single project I create and this project is no exception. I think we all know the problem with hoarding - especially papers!

I´ve got plenty of papers in my stash that I have been hoarding for a looong time and now they are starting to look a bit "old fashioned". Thus, I´ve decided to try and use them up - quite a goal, I know! 
So for this tag set, my starting point was such a paper sheet.  

Here is what I ended up creating:


And here is how I created the tags:

1. I first die cut tag bases with the Manila Tag Nesting Die from the CUTplorations line out of the paper. Then I applied some heavy body acrylic paint thru a ARTplorations stencil onto the tags. I let the layer dry up properly. 

2.While it was drying, I took a STAMPlorations flower stamp set and stamped flowers onto the residue pieces of that particular paper with a black waterproof ink. I wanted to play with wax pastels abit on the stamped images later, thus the waterproof ink.

3. After stamping, fussy cutting and coloring the flowers I added some washi tape onto the background and applied black ink splatters here and there for detail. 

4. Finally I added stamped & fussy cut sentiments to the tags, decorated the flowers and the background with liquid pearls and added twine, ribbon and glitter glue for final accents. 

Here are some close-up photos where you can see the liquid pearl centres, for example: 






I really enjoyed creating these tags and am really happy to have used up almost a full 12x12 sheet of paper for this project. Of course I´ve again created a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea on each and every step. Hope you enjoy watching it!!!



Happy crafting, 
xxx, Sanna

STAMPlorations/ARTplorations/CUTplorations Products Used:
      

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)