Friday, November 03, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Don't Let Life Ruffle Your Feathers by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends! Today I'm showing you how I made this canvas using the Delicate Leaves and Crisscrossed stencils in combination with the Feathery stamps and dies.



I used a small stretched and primed canvas approximately 16cm x 11.5cm (6 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches) in size and applied texture paste through the Delicate Leaves stencil.



Once the paste had dried, I coloured my canvas using watercolour making sure I left some white bits before adding some pink splatters.



Next I heat embossed one of the feathers from the new Feathery set three times in Snowflake Embossing Tinsel and used the matching die to cut out the feathers.

Note: The snowflake embossing tinsel is basically white embossing powder with glitter. 



I sponged my feathers with Melon Mambo through the Crisscrossed stencil.



I then stamped my sentiment and cut it into pieces before edging the feathers and sentiment with a gold leaf pen.



I then added a little Treasure Gold around the edges of my canvas, attached the feathers and sentiment and finished of with some matching sparkly candy dots.



Here are a few more photos.



The feathers were attached in the center only to allow for more movement and dimension.





That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to have a playful time and create your own mixed media project. If you do, why not link it up with November Mixed Media Challenge which starts in a couple of days on Sunday 5th November and will run until the end of this month. The Mixed Media Challenge is always Anything But A Card Goes + Use a Stencil, I look forward to seeing you there.

Have a lovely week!

hugs 
Monika xxx


STAMPlorations/ARTplorations/CUTplorations Products Used:

      

2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)