Wednesday, November 01, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Getting All Feathery


I've been playing with the gorgeous new stamp club set, Feathery, and its coordinating dies.




I wanted to use Distress Stains for the feathers, so I inked up the small peacock feather with Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord, and stamped the first image top right. There was plenty of Distress Stain left on the stamp so I spritzed it lightly and stamped further down the card, then spritzed and stamped twice more without re-inking.


Distress Stains are really juicy and will produce teeny splatters as you stamp - you can see a few of them to the right of the top feather. Well, you know me and splatters - the more, the merrier! Out came the paintbrush...


I stamped the larger peacock feather on spare card, and using a wet paintbrush I dragged out some of the colour, then once it was dry I die-cut the image. I added some shimmer with Sakura Gelli Roll Stardust pen. That was so hard to capture in a photo!


The sentiment was stamped in Versamark on a strip of dark grey card, white-embossed, then cut into a banner and adhered to the card. I left the tail end of the banner free so that I could curl it out a bit. Popped the feather over the banner and called it done.


Hope your feathers stay unruffled today!

If you fancy owning this 5x7 stamp set, take a look at the STAMP club options in the store. If you just want to buy the set without subscribing, why not use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY for 20% off this and any other stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.

 

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)