Wednesday, July 16, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Nonni Combines Contemporary and Vintage Elements!




Hi, STAMPlorations friends! Nonni here playing with a sentiment from Boxed Blooms and Bold Sentiments, a floral border from Distressed Floral Swirls and a silhouette stamp from VIGNETTE: Ever After.

July is a busy month for weddings in Finland and I needed a wedding card with pink -- it's the theme color of the wedding I've been invited to -- and I thought it would be fun to go for "contemporary vintage". Pink is not at all a vintage color so it would be fun to make a card with a vintage feel with it :) I love mixing styles!

I started with creating my background panel. I like to ensure my stamping is straight so I drew some pencil lines for helping in aligning the sentiments. If you draw with a light touch, the lines are easy to erase after! 




After I was all done stamping "LOVE", I stamped the distressed swirl border. I didn't go all around the panel -- I thought it looked more modern and funky the way I left it.


Then it was time to figure out where to stamp my wedding couple. I solved the problem by stamping them first on a piece of acetate. I was able to move the acetate all around the background and find the perfect spot for them. After deciding on the lace and ribbon, I knew where I wanted them!


I embellished the borders with loads of gems that have a sort of metallic, multi-color shine. Those drew my card to a more contemporary direction: white half pearls or pink gems would have been a more traditional choice!

I hope you agree with me that I was able to combine modern elements (angled sentiment stamping, sentiment font, metallic gems, and shiny ribbon) with vintage elements (traditional layout, silhouette stamp, distressed borders, and old lace) to create a fun wedding card for a young couple.

Here's the finished card again:

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely - thanks for the tips on how you did it!! It really came together to make a awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the perfect spacing of your bg - even with lines I can't seem to manage! Lovely, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Cards Looks very modern, thinking of a younger couple ..
    TFS your tricks and inspirations
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great tutorial and the best bit is the acetate tip! And I really thought the background was DSP-fab stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nonni. Your BG stamping is so accurate! Mine always goes wobbly. Love the modern look with the traditional twist. Have a fabulous day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous. Love the hot pink background and the silhouette stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)