Monday, October 02, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Art Journal Page by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends! I am back today with an art journal page. You might remember my handmade journal from a while ago and the one page I made to start it off. I can now say it is no longer a solitary page.


Art journalling, as you well know, is a good way to simply have a playful time trying out new techniques. My main aim for today was to try watercolour over stenciling paste and have a good splashing about too.

Here is how my page came about:

Swipe a piece of primed canvas with Distress Inks. Wilted Violet, Abandoned Coral and Twisted Citron are the one's I used.


Spritz with water and allow to dry.


Sponge twisted Citron through the Delicate Leaves stencil.


Sponge Wilted Violet through the Doodled Heart stencil.


Add paste through the Peony No 1 stencil and allow to dry.


Add strips of newsprint paper. I used glue rather than acrylic medium, not sure why, it just seemed to be the natural thing to do.

TIP!: Always go with your instincts and what comes naturally when art journaling rather than thinking things out too much. This is the best place to do it.



Liberally add watercolour to the peony and splash about. I used different shades of orange, red and green.


For more structure and depth, outline the stenciled peony shape with matching markers.


Add some stamping using stamps from the Mixed Media Elements set and black Memento ink.
Add white and black watercolour splatters.


I glued the page into my journal and finished off with a doodled border.





That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to have a playful time and create your own mixed media project. If you do, why not link it up with October's Mixed Media Challenge which started yesterday and will run until the end of this month. The Mixed Media Challenge is always Anything But A Card Goes, I look forward to seeing you there.

Have a lovely week
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store
ARTplorations Stencils: Doodled Heart, Peony Number 1, Delicate Leaves
 preview-web-stencil-delicate-leaves

STAMPlorations Stamps: Mixed Media Elements
:

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)