Thursday, October 19, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Feathery Fun with Deepti!


Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am back with some fun with the newest stamp club set,  Feathery.  Look at those gorgeous feathers and this one has coordinating dies that make for unlimited card design ideas. For my very first design, I wanted to add some tribal art details to my feather :) Let me show you what I am talking about in here :)

Here's the card:


STEP 1
I die cut a stitched rectangle from a card stock. Yeah! and my love for grey continues :D



STEP 2
In my next step, I stamped a variety of feathers using the tone on tone stamping to build my background




STEP 3
Then I stamped and die cut the feather on a white card stock.




STEP 4
I then drew some pencil lines on the feather extending those that were already on the stamp from the middle to the edge of the feather. I also went over these with a black fine tip marker.



STEP 5
I then did some doodling to fill in these parallel lines. I have also shown the kind of doodling I did in the image.



STEP 6
 I colored this feather in pastel tones and also die cut the grey panel to a smaller size ( I wasn't to happy with the whole grey panel. 



Finally, I stamped the sentiment and assembled it all together to make my finished card.

Here is a close up of the card :)



I have used Feathery, Feathery Dies, and Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies
 

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)