Thursday, October 05, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Scoop Some Ice Cream with Deepti!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am back with some more fun with the August/September stamp club set, Sweet Cravings. This time my focus is to take one single stamp and manipulate it a little to use it in three ways :) Let me show you what I am talking about in here :)

Here are the cards:


STEP 1
I die cut three stitched rectangles from a fog card stock. Yeah! I am still stuck up on grey :D



STEP 2
In my next step, I simply stamped the ice cream cone in different ways using white ink, coz I wanted to do some no line pencil coloring. In the first panel, I simply stamped the cone as it is intended. 


For the second one I stamped it upside down leaving a little gap at the dome to show the melting ice cream. 


For the third one, wanted to showcase that the cone is laying flat and the ice cream is melting around it. I did some partial stamping to make this.




STEP 3
Once my stamping was done I simply did some pencil coloring, nothing fancy about it, just worked around some light and dark areas for the shading and the spill. Also, this cone is supposed to have two scoops only, but I colored it to look like it has three :)





STEP 4
I also added some raisins and choc chips to make the ice cream tastier ;) To finish I stamped the sentiments and added white hearts and layered this on white card base.




I have also added some Shimmer on the ice cream but unfortunately my camera couldn't capture it :(


Here are close-up of each card :)



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

5 comments:

  1. So creative and really fun. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards, yummy !! And you did an awesome job on coloring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the one stamp in three different ways - such fun
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three yummy cards! Love the colouring on grey! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)