Monday, October 30, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Just Blossom Mixed Media Art Journal Tutorial by Asmah



Hello everyone! Asmah is here and I am back again this term feeling so happy to share my tutorials with all of you artsy and mixed media lovers. Today is my turn to present you an easy and minimalist art journal for mixed media enthusiasts using STAMPlorations stamps and ARTplorations stencils.




Let's begin, shall we?

I mixed some water to yellow acrylic paint and drop the paint on the pages. I brushed away the paint lightly with more waters.



And here comes the fun part. I wanted to doodle flowers on the pages so I picked the Bloom Boldly stencil to draw some random flowers through the stencil using black gel pen on the right page. Then I began doodling different patterns in the petals. Whereas on the left page, I preferred something simple so I figured the Curve Play stencil suited my taste.






For more dramatic look, I used modeling paste through the bloom boldly stencil to create random leaves and flowers. Then I set to dry naturally.



I didn't wait longer for it to dry completely to apply a layer of clear gesso all over the pages to start experimenting mural paint.



I mixed water and mural paint on plastic sheet then I placed it on the pages to start painting by rubbing my finger gently on the plastic sheet. This process went on for awhile until I felt very satisfied.



When the pages dried gradually, I colored the leaves using green metallic DecoArt paint. At this point I knew I wanted to add more colors which I did towards the end.


I use red watercolor to give the blooms more exciting life.


Before I dropped more paints for the final touch, I stamped two butterflies and sentiment for my journaling and leave them as is.



Lastly it's time to color up the entire pages with yellow tempura paint. I dabbed the paint with sponge to fill up the white space and patterns on the whole.



I hope you find my tutorial interesting and hopefully you are inspired to play with stencils, stamps and some paints. Don't forget the gel pen and start doodling as well. It is so much fun.

Until I see you again in my next tutorial.

Have a good day.

Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)