Thursday, October 26, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Generational Stamping with Cornelia


Hi, Cornelia here today, playing with generational stamping.



My STAMPlorations supplies:

 

 

How I made card #1:

The fantastic new sets by Shirley Bampton just lend themselves to generational stamping - in case you don't want to layer them.....For my first card I used a tiny amount of grey Brushos and spritzed it with water. I then took a brush and added additional water and moved the colors around a bit. Let it dry.


  


I first tested with which ink I get the most out of generational stamping and it turned out to be Distress Oxide inks. So I took the purple one and that ghost like image from the Layered Holly set and stamped it repeatedly without re-inking it.





Here is how it looks with googly eyes attached. To finish off this card I trimmed the edges, added Washi tape and to BOO letters. 



*******

How I made card #2:

Stamped another of the Holly leaves in Broken China Distress Oxide Ink - you see I did a triangle here, as it is pleasing to the eye.



Added light green in between.



I thought it needed a different kind of stamp and selected on from the Mixed Media Elements. I also did generational stamping here with the first stamping along the blue patterns and the second stamping along the green patterns.



To finish off card #2 I trimmed the edges, added the die cuts - cut in grey and white and layered them with an off-set. Heat embossed the HAPPY. Also added a brad and blue thread.



Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

Happy Generational Stamping!

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)