Hop along in our special stamp release mini hop! AND COFFEE is the latest 4x8 coffee-themed set from The Bee's Knees and you could win it for yourself by simply leaving a comment! Click here (ends 12/11)
***

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Becca Gets Her Pie On



I am crushing on the August/September stamp slub set Sweet Cravings. From the moment I saw it, those sweet confections stole my heart.


I'm a big fan of stamp sets that are versatile and this one will be great for creating birthday, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day cards! Woot Woot!



I love the matte look I get from watercoloring with Distress Oxide inks. I stamped the pumpkin pie and used Spiced Marmalade for the center portion and Vintage Photo for the crust. Using an only slightly dampened paintbrush, I picked up some of the color that I'd smooshed onto my craft mat.




To create my "whipped cream" I used some white acrylic paint in a bottle and I dried it with my heat gun so that it puffed up and created some lovely texture.





I used the CUTplorations Manila Tags Nesting Dies to create a center focal piece and added a little bit more visual interest with a panel I die cut using the Crazy Double Running Stitches CUTplorations dies.





It's a card that looks good enough to eat! :)

5 comments:

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...