Tuesday, October 03, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Becca Gets Her Pie On



I am crushing on the August/September stamp slub set Sweet Cravings. From the moment I saw it, those sweet confections stole my heart.


I'm a big fan of stamp sets that are versatile and this one will be great for creating birthday, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day cards! Woot Woot!



I love the matte look I get from watercoloring with Distress Oxide inks. I stamped the pumpkin pie and used Spiced Marmalade for the center portion and Vintage Photo for the crust. Using an only slightly dampened paintbrush, I picked up some of the color that I'd smooshed onto my craft mat.




To create my "whipped cream" I used some white acrylic paint in a bottle and I dried it with my heat gun so that it puffed up and created some lovely texture.





I used the CUTplorations Manila Tags Nesting Dies to create a center focal piece and added a little bit more visual interest with a panel I die cut using the Crazy Double Running Stitches CUTplorations dies.





It's a card that looks good enough to eat! :)

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)