Tuesday, October 17, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Becca Adds All the Right Ingredients



Every year my family has a handmade gift exchange and I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a good idea this year. Coincidentally, I also had an impending deadline for my STAMPlorations design team post and was wracking my brain.


It turns out, two wracks make a right. In this case - all that wracking spurred some serious creative juices and I was able to dream up a cute handmade recipe card set.

I started by stamping my cake from the Sweet Cravings stamp set onto a piece of ivory cardstock using a light tan color (Old Paper Distress Inks, to be exact).



Next, I painted in my cake by smooshing some Festive Berries Distress Inks onto my craft mat and picking it up with a damp paintbrush.



To make a header for my tag, I used a combo of letters from Sketchy Alphabet, words from Sweet Cravings and a little bit o' hand lettering. 



I added in ingredients and directions from my favorite red velvet cake recipe (and, of course, sprinkled in a dash of humor). 



Taaadaaaa - a sweet handmade recipe tag. I'm going to pair this with some of the ingredients all mixed together and Ba-boom! Insta-adorable gift.




If my projects inspires you to make a project of your own, don't forget to link it up in the Spotlight gallery.

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)