Friday, October 06, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Soar Tag with Stenciled DIY Glitter Details by Sanna


Hello everyone, it's Sanna here today again! Today it is my turn to share a step-by-step mixed media project with you and I thought I'd do something a little bit outside of my comfort zone. I created with flower patterned paper :). I rarely do! Here is what I did:



See, during the summer months I managed to buy some sale items from Fancy Pants Designs - older collections and I really fell in love with their Golden Days collection. I just adore the paper design which truly is not very "me". So I took on a challenge to create a tag with this beautiful paper that I would normally not use for such purposes (if at all), since it is not my "go to" style.


 But I just couldn't help myself after seeing the delicious colors of this collection.


Since the pattern is very bold on its own, it didn't leave me that many possibilities to add to it, so I kept quite clean and simple, but still managed to add some mixed media bits and bobs to it!

Here is what I did:

1. I fussy cut the paper into a size of a manila tag that I had in my stash.

2. I then took an iridescent toned glitter paste (I seem to have an affection towards iridescent lately..) and added some loose golden glitter to it to create a glitter paste that matches the colors of the tag.

3. Next I applied the paste thru the stencil, added white outlining and decorated the tag with die cut pieces, a stamped tag, wood veneer and some glitter glue.


Here is a start-to-finish video for you to watch! Hope you get inspired!!!



Happy crafting,
xxx, Sanna


Supplies:

ARTplorations - Emanations stencil
STAMPlorations -  Noteworthy 2 clear stamp set
CUTplorations - Manila Tags Nesting Dies

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)