Wednesday, October 25, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Showcases Layered Stamp Sets


I've been having fun designing some new layered stamp sets, which will be officially launched from November 8 to 10, but we thought we'd give you a little look at them before the launch date. We're starting off with three sets in the range, and they're a new size as well: 4x8 stamp sets.

The first thing to note about these sets is that the images do not line up perfectly. They are meant to overlap slightly - think me and my sloshing outside the lines with the guesswork being done for you! You get a lovely graphic artsy image with very little effort.


The first one is Layered Holly. You'll see that there are pairs of outline and solid shapes that work together. Those two smaller leaf shapes at the bottom will work with their larger counterparts.

On this first card I've used the outline and solid leaf pair from the left of the pack, along with the smaller solid leaf next to the bottom on the right of the pack. And, of course, the berries. I used different shades of Distress Ink for each leaf layer.


You don't have to use all three layers. This card uses the large half-leaf outline and coordinating solid image. I've overlapped the images at different points.


You can even use the large outline image with the smaller solid image.


*****


The next set is Layered Leaves. The top two solid images work with the large outline underneath; the bottom three images work together; the three smaller images on the right work together, and the remaining three on the left work together. But you can mix and match whatever combination you like, and layer whatever combination you want.

For the card below, I stamped all of the outline images randomly, then stamped different solid images that I'd inked up with various Distress Ink colours.


I posted the second one on my blog last week (post is here) but it's worth including here because it shows how the top two solid images have been layered over the outline image.



*****


And the final set is Layered Snowman. There are four sizes of outline stamp and coordinating solid stamp. You could make big snowmen, little snowmen, three-tiered snowmen, whatever you fancy. You can ink up the whole of the solid image, or just ink around the edges. You can use just the outline stamps, just the solid stamps, or combine them.


I inked up the edges of the solid shapes, spritzed them, then wiped away the spritzing from the centre of the stamp so that it wouldn't spread too far.


I did the same thing in the card below, then stamped over the images with the outline stamps.


You don't have to stick with the obvious. The large solid shape makes a fab bauble, the arm makes a brilliant hanging thread, and adding the outline image gives it a fun grungy feel.

You'll be seeing some more creative interpretations of some of the stamps from my teamies in a couple of weeks! Keep your eyes peeled!

All three of my layered stamps are available now in the store - pop on over and have a look! They're also 5% off instantly (no coupon needed). Use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY to get an extra 20% off. Snag these stamps here.

13 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea, so artsy and such fun x Great idea for the new stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars! These are AWESOME! Off to shop right now!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..Shirley...I am in LOVE with all 3 of your new artsy lined stamp sets:-) LOVED all your CAS sample cards. I will be ordering soo:-) TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these sets are soooo cool! Gorgeous cards - I love the artsy look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never look at a holly leaf the same way again! Brilliant twist...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Du hast mich verführt! Ich kaufe alle drei Sets, finde deine Karten toll! 😍😍😍
    Herzliche Grüße aus Deutschland
    Alles Liebe
    Ute

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)